A pivotal breakthrough in knee replacement
Based on a patent-pending post-cam design that optimizes pivotal motion while greatly reducing surface stress, the VEGA System represents a whole new way to think about PS knee replacement.
The VEGA System’s groundbreaking design concept works hand in hand with a unique 7-layer Advanced Surface (AS) coating, delivering exceptional kinematics and excellent wear results and jump distances.
- Patent-pending Post-Cam Design – the unique design mimics natural knee kinematics and facilitates a large range of motion and optimized surface contact
- Innovative 7-Layer AS Coating – Unparalleled surface hardness, substantially decreased wear rates and greatly improved scratch resistance.
- Excellent Jump Distances – in conjunction with post height and inclination, the post-cam design results in excellent jump distances, which increase flexion and can reduce sublaxation risks.
- Intuitive IQ Instrumentation Platform – dual-purpose instruments, fewer trays and a simplistic design that allows quick, easy resizing and can reduce operating room time.
- Better Bone Fit – 13 femoral sizes and 11 tibial sizes offer a wide-range of soft-tissue friendly implants.
Patent pending post-cam mechanism is designed to mimic natural knee kinematics by enabling a physiological pivot around the medial condyle. The design facilitates a large range of motion and optimized surface contact between the femoral and tibial components. The posterior inclination acts to avoid post-edge loading for better load distribution resulting in lower stress on the polyethylene.
The height and inclination of the polyethylene post results in excellent jump distances, which increase with flexion and can reduce subluxation risks.
Anterior and posterior narrowing combined with minimal box resection minimizes interference with surrounding soft tissues.
The 7-layer Advanced Surface coating delivers unparalleled surface hardness, substantially decreased wear rates and greatly improved scratch resistance.